2007 Hyundai Santa Fe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Aug 232015

Santa Fe

I was traveling to a friend's house on wyda way in sacramento county. I was getting ready to stop at a stop sign and had my foot on the brake. Suddenly, I felt my car being pushed from behind, and then I heard a loud acceleration noise. Right after that moment, my car accelerated on its own and would not stop. I had my foot on the brake the entire time and also tried moving the gear shift lever. It would not move and the car kept accelerating. I thought I was going to die.the next thing that occurred was a horrible collision, resulting in my car hitting another car which hit another car. I sustained serious injuries as well as two fatalities and other injuries in the two cars that were hit. I was taken to uc davis hospital in sacramento where I stayed in the icu for two days and then for an additional two days in the hospital. I was driving a runaway car with no way to stop it.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 272015

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that the entire subframe had severe corrosion and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 110,000.

- Owings Mills , MD, USA

Apr 062015

Santa Fe 6-cyl

While our vehicle was making a slow turn, another vehicle traveling at approx. 50 mph, crashed into the passenger side, then our car was flipped and landed on the roof. None of the airbags deployed. All passengers were wearing seat belts. When the car flipped, the rear passenger seat belt released and became unsecured, tossing the passenger. Significant damage to the cabin cage and side door panels.....updated 04/23/15

- Engelwood, CO, USA

Jan 212014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Exiting from a parking lot onto 7th St in phoenix AZ, vehicle suddenly accelerated and, despite brake application, entered the roadway, hitting a Mercury Grand Marquis in the side. Nobody was injured and airbags did not inflate. Once stopped, it was impossible to move the gear shift from neutral into park to release the key. Vehicle towed and, as frame was damaged as well as front end and radiator, insurance are writing the vehicle off.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 052013

Santa Fe 6-cyl Diesel

The Hyundai Santa Fe was parked without the key in the ignition on a slight incline. My 7 year old grandson got in the vehicle first. He knocked the vehicle out of park. When the vehicle started rolling, I tried to get in but I couldn't with it rolling. It hit a van and my drivers door caught on the front of the van pushing my drivers door completely back. I was caught between the two vehicles. My 4 year old grandkids (twins) could have been behind the Santa Fe or another child since we were at a ball field. Now we notice the Santa Fe can be easily pulled out of park without the key in the ignition.

- Wedowee, AL, USA

Sep 062012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The nut that holds one of the rear lift gate struts to the body of the car came loose and we believe dropped down behind the body liner and possibly one of the rear air bags. Anyway, this allowed the rear lift gate to drop as it was only now being held up by one strut. The Hyundai dealership told us it would require removing the body liner and air bag to get into where the nut "may" have dropped to in order to secure it and re-attach it to the body of car, at a cost of $600. Since our car was out of warranty Hyundai did not feel they should pay for it, we content that this was a structural defect and has nothing to do with mileage, wear or tear on the vehicle, which by the way is in excellent condition. The dealership claims they never saw the vehicle and they never wrote any service report on it. We took the car to a local repair shop first but they said there was no way they could get into the area and did not want to try working around the air bag. Hyundai has established a case # 4999075, and after our initial E-mails, we called them and they were to get back to us with further update, but we have not heard another word from them and our first contact with them was almost four months ago. We just today sent another E-mail to their customer connect center to see if we can't get some resolution from them, at no cost to us as consumers. The dealership said they had never seen this happen before and it is a dangerous safety hazard, the lift gate will not stay up with only one strut and we must use a piece of lumber to hold the lift gate up so we can use the rear storage area. All it would take is for that piece of wood to fall out and down would come the gate with some force, but there is no other feasible way to repair the structure without a sizeable expense on our part which we do not feel is justified.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 162012

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Driver's sun visor attachment to roof of car broke without being touched. Sun visor fell down in driver's vision, hanging by two wires.

- Verona, VA, USA

Feb 202009

Santa Fe

Front glass has a cracked line in it from the right front pillar. No indication of anything hitting glass. No pits. It is on glass about halfway up went like a uturn 6-12 inches from pillar. No repairs done. SUV purchased 2007. No issue till now.

- Smyrna, GA, USA