2.1

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 012013

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. When starting the vehicle, the ESC indicator illuminated and the vehicle would not accelerate over 10 mph. The contact would have to turn the vehicle on and off several times in order to deactivate the ESC. The contact took the vehicle to a certified mechanic who was unable to identify the cause of the failure. The failure recurred. The failure was related to NHTSA campaign number: 13V113000 (exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic). The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Oct 212016

Santa Fe

I arrived home from work and my car wouldnt shift into park.it will not shift without using the lock mechanism by the shifter. Now when I put it in gear it automatically has the ecs off light on the dash

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 272016

Santa Fe

Hyundai Santa Fe ESC light pops on intermittently and after pushing the on/off switch does not put it out. "ESC " light intermittently illuminates on the dashboard the front tires kind of lock up with a grinding sound and the car violently trying to stop it self and I was going straight on a city street. Research shows this is a common problem in many Hyundai models and recalls have been issued. I am the owner of the vehicle.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Jun 132016

Santa Fe

While driving, I noticed the ESC off light was on. I was still on low speed residential road. Pushing on the ESC on button didnt do anything. I had to find a place to stop. Eventually I turn off my car and restarted, its gone. Then it happened again yesterday and again today. Looking into what could be the cause, I saw a lot of people are having the same issue. This is affecting safe driving because of this lighting up on its own and I mostly drive highway.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 142016

Santa Fe

I was driving down a major highway when my ESC off light and check engine light came on. My car slowed down to 20 mph and would not allow me to speed up at all almost causing me to be smashed into several times!! I shut my car off and re started it and I was able to get off the highway to someplace safe. I am having my mechanic look at it now but after looking on forums, I see it is probably the tps and I see that many other people have had this happen! why is this not recalled"!"! this is beyond a safety issue!

- Cortland, NY, USA

Apr 232016

Santa Fe

When I was drving on the highway with 75 miles/hour the " ESC off" light is suddenly came on even though I did not touch anything. After that the light is on and off all the time.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Feb 242016

Santa Fe

My Santa Fe ESC light came on and the car went into a "limp mode". it slowed down to 10 mph and wouldn't let me accelerate. I pulled over and I could feel the engine sputtering. I turned off the engine and waited a minute, turned the engine back on and everything was fine. Happened the next day as well, now when I drive whether its a cold start or after 30 minutes of driving the vehicle goes into limp mode. I took it to te dealer and $350 dollars later ihad the problem fixed, turned out to be a throttle position sensor. I have done research on this problem and I am not the only one this has happened to. This is a serious issue that I feel needs to be addressed by Hyundai immediately before someone gets injured or killed. The first time this happened to me I was driving on the interstate early in the morning and I was travelling on the inside lane and I was able to pull off the highway or my wife and I could have been seriously hurt or killed.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Nov 072013

Santa Fe

This is actually my third complaint. I have spoken to Hyundai no one will acknowledge that there is a problem. First my check engine light came on. I was told it was a fuel gauge sensor. I recently had them replaced now my car's check engine light is flashing and the car has stalled on me several times while in traffic or on the interstate. Hyundai is ignoring this. I think it's my fuel/ proposition system. I had a tune-up the car shakes like it's going to stall constantly. I can smell the fuel from inside of the car. I cannot believe after all the complaints they still say that the cars affected were either only 2006 models or were never sold. That's a lie. They've had over four hundred complaints and three years to do something about this.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 272015

Santa Fe

Bought the car used, 2007 Santa Fe with 71K miles on it. 2 months after I got the vehicle, the ESC off light started intermittently coming on. Then one day it stayed on and that same day the check engine light came on. I noticed the next day that my brake lights would not come on when pressing the brake and that my cruise control would not engage at all. The ESC off light will not be on when I first get in the car, but the minute I hit the brakes, it comes on and stays on. Ever since the first day the check engine light came on, it has stayed on since. I believe this may be part of an earlier recall, but my specific vehicle did not fall under that recall.

- Delmar, MD, USA

Dec 212015

Light ESC

- Dayton, OH, USA

Nov 092015

Santa Fe

I own a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The air bag light, engine check light, the electric stability control (ESC) light, ABS and the traction control light illuminated steadily on the dash, when the vehicle is turned on. The gas gauge sometimes works even when the tank was full. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who stated that the failures were not recall related. The manufacturer was notified of the failures but restated the position of the dealer, offering no help. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 130,000

- Pardeeville, WI, USA

Aug 282015

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that the air bag, electronic stability control (ESC), and egr warning lights illuminated. The contact also stated that the fuel gauge indicated empty when the tank was full. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The vehicle was not diagnose or repaired. The failure mileage was 131,000.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Santa Fe

My ESC off light comes off and on, intermittently with the check engine light. They both go off and on randomly. The ESC off light will not go off when pushed. I cannot tell if the ESC feature is engaged or not. I have had this car since it was new. It has been well maintained and in the shop whenever a fix was needed. After researching this issue, it's been a common complain with various Hyundai models, including mine. Upon speaking with Hyundai usa, various cars on this line have been recalled for this same issue. Mine was not one on line that was noted, however the issue is exactly the same. I filed a complaint with Hyundai usa last week. My only recourse is to take it to a nearby dealer and pay them to do a diagnostic work up out of pocket. I believe this problem has potential for safety issues. I bought my car with the ESC safety feature. Now I can't tell if it's engaged or not as I cannot get the light to go off.

- Eugene, OR, USA

Feb 012015

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Hyundai Santa Fe ESC light pops on intermittently and after pushing the on/off switch does not put it out. The check engine light also pops on along with the ESC light. Research shows this is a common problem in many Hyundai models and recalls have been issued. I am the original owner of the vehicle.

- St. Charles, IL, USA

Mar 182015

Santa Fe 6-cyl

3/18 driving down a road hit a large pothole ESC off and ABS lights pop on the dash press the ESC button which did nothing.I stop in a parking lot turn the car off and then back on the lights came back on as I pulled away the lights turned off. 3/19 I was driving at about 25-30 and all of a sudden the ESC off and ABS lights came one once again I park at the grocery store to shop. Leaving the grocery store I turn on the vehicle on the dash the same lights are light up as I pull away they turn off NHTSA campaign number: 09V122000 is a recall in place for this issue on my make and model vehicle but it starts for the Santa fes that were manufactured from April of 2007 and further. My Santa Fe was manufactured in mid March of 2007 please look into adding my vehicle to NHTSA campaign number: 09V122000.

- West Seneca, NY, USA

Sep 242013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Gas fuel gauge stopped working. Estimated repairs from dealer $550. Needed to remove rear seat and fuel tank.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Apr 172014

Santa Fe

When pressing on the brakes, the antilock braking system ABS will activate whether slowing at 10 mph to and intersection or slowing at 50 mph in traffic. While driving, the ESC and ABS warning lights come on at the same time. The brakes and warning lights come on on asphalt streets in good shape, on bumpy roads, or going over speed bumps. The ABS activated when coming to an intersection preventing the car from stopping at the stop light. South bay Hyundai in torrance ca says its the ABS control module and will replace it for $2300 and we cannot have our car back for 4 days. The vehicle is in very good shape. Purchased August 2007. Has 90169 miles.

- San Pedro, CA, USA

Mar 132014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

When car is turned on "ESC off" dashboard light remains on making the ESC useless.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Feb 172014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brake switch malfunctioned causing ESC off light to illuminate, cruise control not to engage, and brake lights to not illuminate. Check engine code of P0405 being thrown by onboard computer to indicate failure.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Sep 112013

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that he was driving approximately 35 mph when the fuel gauge suddenly began to fluctuate from half full to empty. In addition, the ESC (electronic stability control) sensor light illuminated followed by the vehicle stalling. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer where the software for the ESC computer was updated. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 1/29/14 updated 01/29/14

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA