2007 Hyundai Santa Fe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 102010

Santa Fe

While making a right hand turn going from an eastward direction to a southern direction the power steering on my vehicle went dead, the red driver seat belt light came on and in a few seconds the power steering came back and the eat belt light went off. Traveling at a very slow speed in a rural area of town.. after incident I drove home without any problem.

- Hamilton, NJ, USA

Mar 102010

- Hamilton, NH, USA

Nov 162009

Santa Fe

Re: 2007 hyud Santa Fe G. 49880 miles (at oil change 11/02/2009). I drove my car approx 90 miles on a shopping trip. I parked the car in front of the house approx 3 pm, went inside the house and approx 5 minutes went to the car to remove the items I bought. I found the car burning at the dash board in front of the steering wheel. I call 911 and the fire dept arrive to extinguish the fire. The entire inside of the car was burned.

- Elkhart, TX, USA

Aug 122008

Santa Fe

Air bag light comes on and panic alarm goes off by itself. After each event, alarm will not fully reset.

- Centereach, NY, USA

Oct 032007

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact started the ignition in the vehicle and smoke erupted from the front windshield and instrument panel. There was no warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact immediately exited the vehicle and inspected underneath the hood, but there was no smoke or flames. The windshield was damaged. There were no injuries. The fire department was not called to the scene. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer, but they could not detect the cause of the failure. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 10,000 and current mileage was 12,000. Update 09/10/08 updated 09/16/08

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 182007

Santa Fe

On Monday December 18, 2007 I got a 2007 Santa Fe to drive as a loaner from a Hyundai dealership. Tuesday night when I filled the gas tank, the vehicle would not start for about 20 minutes. I called roadside assistance who told me to call the dealership, who in turn told me to call roadside assistance. Brown's manager, ishmael told my husband that he could not help us. The next day I called the dealership service manager who said that the problem had to do with the remote starter on the key chain, which I could press twice and the car would restart. He offered another car to me but assured me that I should be fine. I opted to keep the Santa Fe. That night as I returned on the fairfax county parkway from herndon to my home, the Santa Fe died again. No amount of pressing on the remote restarted the vehicle and I became panicked as cars raced by on either side of me. The vehicle never restarted although the dashboard lights would occasionally flash on then off. A policeman contacted a tow truck who towed me back to the dealership. I felt my life was at risk by the Santa Fe's total failure in the middle of a major highway at rush hour, where I was stranded for 40 minutes.

- Dumfries, VA, USA