7.3

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 102011

Santa Fe V6

Five years ago, we took the car to the dealership where we bought it because it didn't want to start after refueling. They told us we would have to leave the car to be repaired and come back the next day to get it. They charged us over $400 to fix it, but the problem was not fixed. It still did the same thing, so we took it back. They said what they had replaced needed replacing anyway, so they asked us to leave it again, and when we picked it up, they charged us over $500. Both times they included diagnostic testing fees. The problem was still not fixed, so my wife contacted Hyundai directly, and they suggested we take it to an authorized dealership. She told them that is where we took it both times, so they suggested we take it to a different one. Now we are out close to $1,000.00 and still have the same problem. We will never buy another Hyundai..ever! No service after the sale, and nothing but a hassle and an expense that doesn't fix the problem anyway.

- , Pecks Mill, WV, USA

Aug 212012

Santa Fe

It's beginning to happen every time I fill my gas tank. It is also beginning to take longer and longer to get it started. Today after filling up, it took me about 5 minutes of trying to start my car, to get it started. It is extremely annoying especially when I'm in a hurry to be somewhere. It's gotten to the point that I have to take time for that to happen into consideration when planning on filling up before I have to be somewhere.

- , Westerville, OH, USA

Jul 132012

Santa Fe

I believe that it has to do with the vapor emissions....whenever I fill the gas tank, I have a hard time starting it. I do not know what it will cost me to get fixed. When I open the gas cap, no pressure like usual. Can anyone give me some suggestions please!

- , Fort Ashby, WV, USA