2007 Hyundai Santa Fe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Apr 032012

Santa Fe

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. The contact stated that the electronic stability control light illuminated whenever the vehicle was operated. The contact also stated that the brakes lights did not illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a local mechanic, where the contact was informed that the brake light switched needed to be replaced, the vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 96,000.

- Middletown, OH, USA

Aug 012011

Santa Fe

On my 2007 Hyundai sante fe: Check engine light is on. ESC off light is on. Cruise control has stopped working. I have found that there is a NHTSA action #peo9003 and also a NHTSA recall campaign number 09V122000 to replace the stop lamp switch which causes these malfunctions.. in a letter from Hyundai motor America (campaign 092/ 09-01-018) dated Jun 2009, it states that these malfunctions may lead to a crash. Yet, when I took my car to the Hyundai dealer they refused to replace the stop lamp switch at no charge to me as stated in the letter. The Hyundai technical service bulletin states that dealers must perform this campaign on all affected vehicles whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair. I have had my vehicle in the shop several times for unrelated issues since 2009 but this repair was never mentioned, offered or performed. I feel that I am driving an unsafe vehicle and Hyundai is avoiding a major safety issue.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

May 152011

Santa Fe 6-cyl

Brake light switch malfunctioning.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 232009

Santa Fe

We own a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. There was a recall on a faulty brake lamp switch. We had that replaced by the dealer. Our vehicle is now encountering problems with it applying brakes for no reason while operating it on the roadways.we have yet to have had an accident, even though the vehicle brakes and slows on its own without notice and for no reason. We have been told that the yaw sensor is bad. We are lucky that no accident has occurred as of yet because of this problem. I saw that there was a recall on the 2005 Hyundai tuscons for this or a similar problems with the yaw sensor. Is there or will there be a recall on the Santa Fe's now or in the near future for this braking system which is unsafe? the dealer wants to sell us the defective and dangerous part for $493 plus tax and between $200 and $300 labor to install. You need to look into this dangerous and defective part. Thanks, greg johnston.

- Wetumpka, AL, USA