- October 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Sunroofs That Take Flight recalls | 1 days ago
- October 17: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 7 days ago
- September 21: Hyundai Recalls Azera To Prevent Seats From Moving recalls | 30 days ago
- September 15: Hyundai Tucson Transmission Recall For Dual-Clutch Transmissions recalls | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe apparently has a problem with the engine stalling while driving.
In a 2-page letter to Santa Fe owners from August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Although the model year range in the lawsuit is 2010-2012, the stalling complaint trend hasn't shown up in our data for the 2010 model year. Both the 2011 & 2012 Santa Fe model years DO show a significant defect trend of the engine stalling.
Currently we're not rating the 2010 Santa Fe as "bad" or "poor". Just be aware of this potentially serious problem.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 1
- Average Mileage:
- 6,828 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: