- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 15 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 21 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 24 days ago
- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 43 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 62 days ago
NHTSA — Structure Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 21,800 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
body / paint problem