- July 31: Hyundai Soy-Based Wiring Lawsuit Says Rodents Damage Vehicles news | 23 days ago
- June 20: The Midsize SUVs With the Best Headlights news | 64 days ago
- June 16: Hyundai Steering Wheel Locked Up While Driving: Lawsuit news | 68 days ago
- June 10: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports With Seat Belt Problems recalls | 74 days ago
- June 7: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs With Hoods That Can Fly Open recalls | 77 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 16,024 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.