- March 1: Hyundai Recalls 205,000 Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering
- February 19: Hyundai Blue Link Lawsuit Says System Decreases Vehicle Values
- December 26: Hyundai Sonata Recalled To Keep It From Rolling Away
- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 23,619 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.