CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.

In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".

However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.

3.0

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Oct 202015

Santa Fe

During maintenance I was informed that my rear tires were dry rotted. Is this a safty problem?

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Sep 182014

Santa Fe 4-cyl

I perched it on Sept. 9. 214 I reported this in Sept 214 problem the back wheels sound like I had a flat tire as soon as you pick up speed of 50 to 65 miles hour they replace tires and still no change I had the tech. Take a road trip to here it and how loud it was on highway. Then they thought it was out of liniment so the did that, and still no change, they told me that the wheels are wobbly and it will continue.so. I was told to give it 2 weeks or so, but when you go on highway its louder then vibrates and when you hit the brakes you can feel it also and the tech. Also felt it, and at this point they still don't know what it is. I bought this truck do to a friend that recommend it and know they are having the same issue.as mine and they also complained I bought this do to, I am disabled and need a dependable vehicle and not big problems. I have not yet made a payment its not due until Oct. 29,2014.

- Derry, NH, USA