Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.

In a 2-page letter to owners in August 2014, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".

However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

May 152015

Santa Fe

While driving home from work, it got dark, so I turned on the lights ( the low beams) I was on the freeway, they seemed fine but when I exited the freeway onto a dark surface road, I was unable to see more than 30 feet ahead of me. There was total blackness above the lights. They are not set properly.I looked online to research if others have had this problem and I found out that it is common and people are just driving with their highbeams on to correct this the low beams are set at a terrible angle, it's crazy how bad they are. I live in a rural area and can not use the low beams at all. They do not illuminate far enough into the distance to make driving at night, safe. I purchased this car from a dealer 11 days ago. I did not test drive the car at night, had I done so I would have asked to have the lights adjusted.I would like you to look into this, as I believe this model vehicle should be recalled to have the head light adjustment fixed in order to drive safely at night and as not to blind other drivers by driving with the high beams on.

- Bonsall, CA, USA

Feb 272012

Santa Fe 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. While driving approximately 30 mph with the low beam headlights illuminated, the contact experienced extremely poor visibility. When the contact drove down a hill, she stated that the headlights provided limited view. The high beam headlights had to be illuminated in order to see the road clearly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnostic test. The technician stated that the vehicle was designed to specification. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 5. updated 08/23/12 updated 08/23/12

- Huntington, MA, USA