7.6

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Oct 112016

Santa Fe

Driver's seat lurches forward and backwards at random times while driving. This happens regardless of speed, brake/ acceleration/ cruise control, type of road, direction or movement etc. Often times while the car is parked or in motion, the seat will not move at all in any direction. Also, the ABS, traction control, and downhill light have all been turning on and off at random, and, while parked and without provocation, my speedometer needle began jumping. Less important, the driver's seat A/C does not work consistently which leads me to believe this is an electrical malfunction, however, the multiple times I have taken this vehicle into the "service center", the mechanics said they could not recreate the problem and sent my broken car home, so the official reason is unknown. I am only 5'2" so this has caused me considerable problems with suddenly not being able to reach the pedals, and has almost resulted in numerous accidents.

- Denton, TX, USA

Sep 092015

Santa Fe

Hi, I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe 2014 on December last year and a few months ago it's started to have a problem with the bsd (blind spot detector). For some reason it's just stop working from a few hours and it's turn on again by itself. I can read in the dash screen the warning (bsd no working). I make an appointment with Hyundai service center but they can't help me because the car don't give to them any code regarding this problem. For me this is a big issue because sometime works and sometimes not, this can lead me to an accident. Typically this happen when the car is in motion.

- Fort Knox, KY, USA

Jun 202015

Santa Fe

6/20/2015 backed out of stall at costco, marysville, wa. Immediately loss of power steering and three alerts came on. There are known issues with this happening. Brand new car www.Hyundai-forums.com/dm-2013-santa-fe/303441-2013-santa-fe-XL-power-steering-problem.html will have to have car towed. Not safe to drive 3 alerts 1. ESC malfunction 2. downhill braking 3. sport mode......updated 10/20/15

- Arlington, WA, USA