9.8

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 112014

Santa Fe

I live and work in the city and county, tucson, Arizona. In the county there are generally no street lights at road intersections. My new car (2015 Hyundai Santa Fe) does not have any running lights on the side that provide side illumination at night. I have had multiple incidents when making right and left hand turns onto streets/roads without street lights where my car's lights do not illuminate the road I am turning onto until I completely make the turn. In several instances as I made the turn I could not see the road and I over shot the turn and drove well onto the berm and was able to stop and steer back onto the road or I turned too soon. Another instance was when I went down an embankment and was able to stop before hitting the bottom. Luckily these were no accidents involving vehicle damage or personal injury/death. The only way that I can see the side street, road or driveway I am turning onto is to turn on my bright lights. Obviously, this is very upsetting to oncoming drivers and a potential safety issue. In addition, at night when stopped or driving straight there is a black void approximately 15 feet in front of the vehicle. On one occasion I practically ran over an obstacle since it was too dark to see it. I took the SUV to my Hyundai dealer and explained the problems. Their solution is to use the fog lamps all the time at night. This addresses the black void in front of the car. It does not solve the right/left turn road lighting issue unless I used my high beams to execute the turn. They said that they were not aware of this type of complaint by other owners. I asked if they would contact the field representative to see if there are any fixes to this problem. To date, I have not had a reply. I am not happy with this headlamp design defect since it puts my passengers, other drivers, and myself at risk.

- Vail, AZ, USA