6.6

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Mar 012016

Santa Fe

I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe sport AWD. This is my 3rd Hyundai. I have really been impressed until now. My car wanders all over the road when driving over 50mph either on a road or interstate. I have to work hard to hold the wheel to keep the vehicle straight. The handling is awful I feel like my car is skating all over the road. Like I am driving on ice. The car is unsafe to drive. I have been to the dealership, had the alignment checked, had a new alignment performed, as well as replace the tires. This has not fixed the issue. I feel it is unsafe to put my 5 year old in the vehicle. I cannot keep the steering straight. What is Hyundai doing to fix this issue" I am making payments on a vehicle I feel is unsafe to drive and no one can tell me why"

- Goodlettsville, TN, USA

Mar 302014

Santa Fe 4-cyl

While driving on the highway, starting around 55mph, the car starts getting wobbly on the road. It is a constant struggle with the steering wheel to keep the car going straight. If there is any wind or driving by trucks, the car becomes even more difficult to control. I have seen many others having the same issue and there does not appear to be a fix, however dealer attempts seem to even worsen the issue with others, so I have yet to address this with the dealer. I do worry when my wife drives the car because she is not used to it, and has ┐┐ thrown┐Ł her into the breakdown lane several times. I'm hoping Hyundai will acknowledge the issue and come up with a viable solution.

- Ellington, CT, USA

Aug 082014

Santa Fe 4-cyl

Car wonders when traveling on freeway going at freeway speeds. Correcting for this darting from side to side seems scary at these speeds. Changing the driving mode selection on the steering wheel doesn't change the problem. I still experience the same wondering and darting that I am constantly trying to correct. Thought it might be tires but they are new and no signs of unusual wear. Acts like a worn ball joint or tie rod or the need for an alignment.

- Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA

Oct 082013

Santa Fe

Drove new 2014 Santa Fe sport 2.0T for the first time on the highway after buying it 3 days earlier. The vehicle would not maintain a straight path while driving at highway speed. Sf required continuous correction at a varying degree. It is not only that the vehicle wonders, but it does so mildly and aggressively. The vehicle tends to sway and rock all while trying to correct for the continuous wondering. It's a very odd sensation that occurs, just when you think you might go straight for a bit the vehicle will dart to one side and it has no rhythm or reason. Sometimes left sometimes right and the road crown plays no part in the direction. Dealer aligned all 4 wheels twice. Added toe in and camber to the rear. Also, replaced rear springs and shocks. Turns out one of the springs was shorter than the other by 1/4" causing the suspension to be unbalanced. This repair helped for some of the unexplained rocking but now that it is fixed the whole steering issue has been exacerbated. I don't feel safe in the vehicle and intend on selling it. Currently, it has 11K miles. I logged another complaint with Hyundai customer service today too. The fact that potential buyers rarely get to drive the new car for more than 7-10 miles and at speeds rarely above city is a disservice. If Hyundai knows this problem exists and government oversight knows, than it is deceitful and dishonest. Lastly, this vehicle behaves in the same manner as one with worn out ball joints that would not pass a state safety inspection. Yet these Santa fes are still being sold. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Buyer beware!

- Concord, NC, USA