2016 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Santa Fe

The front sunroof on my 2016 Santa Fe I bought in Jan 2016 that has approx. 8000 miles, exploded on the way to work while driving on the interstate. It sounded like a gun shot in my right ear, then glass began to fall on my head and throughout the car - I'm sure the majority of it was sucked out and onto the interstate. (I had the sun shade inside opened so my child could watch the rain on the ride to the babysitters.)I found others with the same problem when I googled it. Car was towed to dealership and issue would be covered under warranty I was told, I was given a loaner while it was fixed. No other vehicles in front of or behind me within 4 car lengths at least. I did not pass under an overpass. It was raining that day (of course - that's my luck) when I got to work I closed the sun shade on the inside as best as I could with all the glass that was in the track, and taped garbage bags over it to preserve the inside. I went to dealership later to take additional pictures and you can tell the glass was blow outwards. There was even chips in the paint through the clear coat from when glass flew. I'm thankful I was the only one in the car at the time, but my child's car seat is full of glass remains. I wasn't hurt - only a few cuts from glass that was in my jacket pocket and in my clothes. I am still at a loss as to what happened, how and why - unknown. And so far the dealership has not communicated anything to me, but I hope they make it right.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Dec 092015

Santa Fe

The panoramic sunroof spontaneously shattered while driving at night on the highway at about 70mph - the sound was like a gunshot inside the car - this is a Santa Fe sport 2016 model that I bought on July 5 2015

- El Paso, TX, USA