2017 Hyundai Santa Fe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Jul 162016

Santa Fe

Vehicle hesitates when entering flow of traffic from a stop or a turn.

- Ripon, CA, USA

Apr 152016

Santa Fe

On April 15, our brand new Santa Fe was involved in an accident. While driving in low speed traffic suddenly, while my fiance rear ended someone. To this day she cannot figure out what happened. She is a careful driver, does not speed and knows that the area were she was driving is high traffic and was coming up to a red light. Both of her hands were on the wheel and she wasn't on a phone or anything. She believes she hit the breaks, and as stated before still does not know what happened. After reading these complaints we are wondering if we had the same issue as someone else who reported and is the cause of the accident. We figured we would report this. We are also wondering if other people are having similar accidents since there has been a major issue getting parts to repair said car (car has now been off the road for 11 weeks most parts required for repair have been externally backordered and Hyundai has been extremely unhelpful to help us get our car repaired)

- Saddle Brook, NJ, USA

Jun 022016

Santa Fe

I bought the vehicle on 5/7/16. On 6/2/16 I was driving on highway 395 when I noticed smoke coming out of the engine compartment. The car started losing power and eventually died. When I got it pulled over to the side of the road I noticed flames coming out from the front of the engine. I grabbed what I could and got out of the car. Within 5 min the front of the car was engulfed in flames. I had approximately 675 miles on it. I have contacted Hyundai but they have not responded to me. I ordered a copy of the police report but have not received it yet. I have pictures that I have attached. I am concerned about this happening to other people. Thankfully I didn't have grandkids in the car, I'm not sure I would have been able to get them out.

- Reno, NV, USA