2.5

2009 Hyundai Sonata miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Sonata:

2009 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 092011

Sonata

While driving my car I attempted to shift to third gear and discovered I had no clutch pedal. This problem continued for the next half hour till I arrived at my destination, where I parked it. A few hours later I started to go home and the clutch worked fine. Indicating that the problem is not in the clutch. I believe the hydraulic master cylinder loses pressure somehow causing the problem

- Pawling, NY, USA

Apr 102011

Sonata

I have had 2 instances of sudden acceleration. 1st incident I was backing out of my garage and the car shot backward narrowly missing my house. 2nd incident about a month later I was pulling into a parking spot when the vehicle suddenly accelerated. The car shot forward & I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a fence. Both incidents the vehicle was going less than 5 mph. I have also noticed the vehicle jerking occasionally in traffic when you ease up on the gas pedal.

- Olean, NY, USA