2012 Hyundai Tucson brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Tucson:

2012 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Sep 132012

Tucson 4-cyl

When stepping on the brakes they make a lot of noise and when going down a incline/hill I have to push the brakes all the way to the floor for the vehicle to stop. I took it to a dealer ship close to my home and went on a test drive with them and they said that it was normal. I was not happy with the outcome so I took it back to the dealer ship where I purchased the vehicle (1 hr from where I live), they went on a test drive heard the noise, checked the brakes, and said that the rotors needed to be replaced. When I got the car back after the rotors were replaced, it's still making the noise, and I still have the braking problem. Took it back and now they're saying that it's a normal braking sound. I took it to a different dealer ship, they went on a test drive with the person who bought the car in for me and heard the noise. He looked at it and there were screws missing from the rotors also he said the rotors needed to be cut. I called the next day, spoke with the service advisor who was handling the paper work, informed him that the noise was still there, he told me that they could not cut the rotors, because they were place by another dealership. I told him the problem is still not fixed, he told me to bring it back on Saturday, I did. One of the technician test drove it I was not there, and said he heard nothing. I am still having the same braking problem. They refused to take a look at the brakes or do any work to it.

- Beacon, NY, USA

Apr 302012

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the transmission shifted from drive to drive 1 independently. On another occasion, the brakes failed to stop the vehicle when applied and as a result, the contact crashed through a residential garage door and impacted the interior wall. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure until the other damages had been repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 700 and the current mileage was 950.

- Byron , IL, USA