Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2008 Veracruz has a minor trend of complaints where the valve cover leaks oil onto the alternator, causing alternator failure. The problem starts with the battery warning light & typically all the other warning lights coming on in quick succession. Luckily, that problem was covered in a 2014 recall.

Overall, It's a solid reliable vehicle with no major problems reported.

2008 Hyundai Veracruz miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz:

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Dec 202014

While driving on the highway my vehicle started accelerating on its own and kept climbing to higher speeds reaching 100mph and greater, even while pressing the breaks the vehicle still accelerated on its own. Finally after reaching a safe area to do so I had to switch the vehicle to neutral, once slow enough I then placed the vehicle into park and shut it off immediately as it was still revving and the engine began to smoke a little. From there I had my vehicle towed to lithia Hyundai, I was too scared to turn it back on. Thank goodness my children were not in the car and thank goodness I did not have to cross any intersections.

- Anchorage, AK, USA