CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Veracruz has a very small trend of complaints about the valve gaskets leaking oil onto the alternator, which is similar to prior model years and was covered in a 2014 recall.

Other than that, there are no major problems reported for the Veracruz on our site or to the NHTSA. Seems like it's a very good, reliable vehicle.

1.6

2010 Hyundai Veracruz engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Veracruz:

2010 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Nov 092016

Veracruz

I recently was driving my 2010 Hyundai vera cruz on the interstate when the engine suddenly died on me. I noticed that there was a mixture of oil and water coming from beneath the car. Upon further inspection I was informed the motor was locked. I had just replaced the alternator in may of this year due to oil leaking on it. I can't recall if the original owner had the car serviced for the recall or not. But I did call in about it and was informed that it was not on the list and if I need to have it checked at the local Hyundai dealer then I would have to pay the service charge. Well to me that wasn't fair, but now the fairness is gone because now I'll have to pay out 6200 to have the engine replaced. This issue could have been avoided.

- Millbrook, AL, USA

Nov 012012

Veracruz

The contact owns a 2010 Hyundai Veracruz. While driving approximately 75 mph, all the warning lights illuminated and the engine stalled. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. It was discovered that oil was leaking from the front cylinder valve cover gasket onto the alternator, which caused the alternator to fail. As a result, the alternator, the front valve cover gasket, and the battery needed to be replaced. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V415000 (electrical system) and stated that the remedy was not available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Melboourne, FL, USA