2.0

2008 Jeep Compass fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Compass:

2008 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Oct 202016

Compass

I got my 08 Compass in 2014, I have had several of the other complaints of rusting, bolts, arm bearings etc...I have for past 2 months not been able to fill my gas tank as it only takes about.20 cents at a time. Tried 4 different gas stations. My mechanic has tried all vacumm seals, pumps, hoses, vents, vapor canister, vapor purge solnoid, and checking everything from a to B. said only thing it could be was gas tank. Went online and googled fueling issues with Jeep compas, thousands....and this isnt a problem for Chrysler. If jeepknows about this, why isnt there a recall. I can not spend 20 minutes trying to fill my tank with 2 small boys, one who has special needs and the full service stations refuse to service me. Chrysler/Jeep needs to help. This is ridiculous. I need answersand I cant afford $1200 to fix it. Car is stopped, engine off, no motion. Stopped in gas station. Fuel tank is defective and can be hazardous when trying to fill tank. I have papers from mechanic.

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Jun 152015

Compass

After driving and it sets for about 45 min or 1 hour it is hard to start when it does start the is a smell of fuel coming out of the vents, when it is cold starts fine or if you gone for a shorter time it starts fine but still has the fuel smell out of the vents.

- Hastings, NE, USA

Apr 012014

Compass

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Compass. While refueling the vehicle, fuel spewed out of the refueling entrance hole. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel tank inlet check valve was faulty and the entire fuel tank would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 78,000.

- Dublin, OH, USA

Apr 162015

Compass

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Compass. While parked, the vehicle leaked fuel and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000. The VIN was not available.

- Dearborn , MI, USA

Nov 252014

Compass 4WD 4-cyl

Tried to put fuel in tank and fuel splashed back and kept shutting off. Tried 2 other stations and same result. My daughter has the car at college. She said she could only put fuel in the car by continuing to pump very slow and to keep trying. With any kind of fast pump the fuel would splash back. Very dangerous.

- Bridgeview, IL, USA

Jan 072014

Compass

Electronic throttle control lite comes on randomly when starting or driving locks the car in limp mode then ABS lite comes on and the car shakes till you stop and turn it off. When the car is in limp mode you can only get the RPM's up to 2000. Car went from 60mph to 30 mph in about 100 yards on the highway. We have only owned the Jeep four months.

- Plymouth, PA, USA