2010 Jeep Compass fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Compass:

2010 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Jul 272015

I have a 2010 Jeep Compass limited by Chrysler and I have not seen a recall for this SUV because of the gas tank being exposed. All you have to do is bend over and look under the rear bumper and see how close the gas tank is. You can see the full gas tank from 3 feet away from the vehicle. I'm wondering why it isn't being recalled now with all the other cars with gas tanks that might have a fire if the car is rear ended. I'm also having problems with the ignition switch and having a hard time getting my key in and out of it to start my car or to shut it off. I hope my car will be added to the list of recall or buy back deal. They recalled 2009's for this problem but my SUV is a 2010 and Chrysler doesn't seem to want to recall Jeep of this year. Updated 10/07/15

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Sep 192014

Compass 4WD 4-cyl

Manual transmission car was revving high after shifting gears. Rpms were approximately 4000 once shifted into second gear going 20 mph. Called dealership to schedule an appointment for the following week. The next day in the highway the car had no power. Would only be able to go 40mph in a 65 in 5th gear. It was a 20 minute drive to work. On the way home on the highway, the same issue with lack of power. 5 minutes into the ride I heard a pop and lost all power to the car. Was able to get to the side of the highway. Got my insurance paper out of the car to call a tow truck and got out of the car. Had my back to the car and turned around and the car was engulfed in flames. Fire department had to came to put the fire out. The car is totaled.

- Middlebury , CT, USA