2011 Jeep Compass body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Compass:

2011 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

May 012013

Compass 4-cyl

The exhaust hanger allowed the exhaust to shift up into the bumper causing the rear bumper to melt. I just noticed it has gone up under the tailgate too, causing it to not shut completely. When I am driving it I can smell exhaust coming into the car. I have called several Jeep dealers around our area and am told there is "no recall" and since my car is out of warranty there is nothing they can do to help. I cant drive the car but have to keep paying the payments - I can't afford to do that and I cant sell or trade with it in this condition....please advise me what other options I have.

- Bath, NY, USA