2.6

2012 Jeep Compass miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Compass:

2012 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Nov 102016

Compass

Driving on the turnpike 11/10/2016 at 530am nearing ext. 6 my truck shut off, I made it to the car shop and they stated it was the sensors. I proceeded to call the Jeep dealer and they stated senors are not covered in any warranty and that my extended warranty does cover it as well. Im very disappointed in the pointless purchase of my warranty, and the fact that I could have been killed on the turnpike. Also my truck makes this loud squeaking noise but I have taken it to 3 shops and no one knows what it is, but they all agreed it is not the brakes.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA

Sep 172016

Compass

When traveling to a wedding from denver to ft. Collins, the transmission warning light came on and began to lose speed. I pulled over and let sit for about 10-15 minutes, turned it back on and continued my drive. This is the second time that it has happened and it seems to do it more on long trips and hot days. It's very annoying, especially when trying to get somewhere. Is there a recall on this car or is this something that we have to deal with? it appears there is no correction to the problem, so do I just have to live with the fact that I bought a "lemon"! very frustrating.

- Brighton, CO, USA

Nov 192015

Compass

Noise I not sure what, but I recording video sound but I not sure I can add on this pages complaining but maybe is problem with bushings or ball joints

- Glenview, IL, USA

Apr 152016

Compass

Our Jeep's tail pipe, primarily due to its excessively short length, became tucked, by regular vehicle use, under the Jeep's bumper and forced hot exhaust fumes to melt through the bumper. We observed signs of charring and melting of the Jeep's exterior bumper body caused by this too short exhaust pipe design defect resulting in an obvious fire danger.

- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Jan 082016

Compass

This has happened a few times now. Was told by dealer they have to be driving it when the problem occurs. Twice now, I lost all electrical power. No lights, no hazards, no power steering. It is like I have no battery at all. Everything is dead. One time I was parked, and lost all power, came back on in a few minutes. The second time, it was dark out. I had just made a turn, aprox 100 feet after, I lost all power again. This time I was in motion, cars behind me, I had absolutely no lights. No hazards. I wasn't even able to make it to the shoulder, it happened so quickly. Luckily it was a turn and vehicles hadn't reached the speed limit yet. Not only could I have been hit, but the other vehicles behind me as well. My car wasn't easily noticable. The car behind me was able to stop in time before rear ending me, and turned their hazards on. The power to my vehicle was back on about two minutes. Periodically the car will also just die, at idle or in traffic at low speeds. It doesn't lose complete power when this happens though. It will start again right away.

- Lakeside, CA, USA