6.5

2012 Jeep Compass seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Compass:

2012 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Nov 152016

Compass

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Compass. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags and seat belts. The manufacturer stated that the parts for the repairs were unavailable. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Mar 292013

Compass 4-cyl

I purchased the Jeep febuary 28th 2013, from orr Honda texarkana tx. I was not informed the vehicle had any problems or recalls at that time. Within a couple days of having the vehicle I noticed the seat belts would spontaneously unlock and open. I also noticed that the vehicle seemed to have an acceleration problem it was sluggish and sounded like it was not changing gears. When I was stopped to make a turn and began to turn the car stalled on me in the middle of the intersection and quit, it started back and I was able to get out of harms way. Although I have had it at the dealership for the recalls and the problems I described over five times a total of 2 full months combined and was told the recall issues were resolved I picked it up on 3/15/14 from the dealership and drove it home, it died on me while driving, I was able to get it to the side of the street and sat there until it started again, I got it home got up to go to work the next morning and although all lights and alarms are working it only clicks when U try to start it. It will start up immediately with a boost. I have not and will not drive it due to the stalling and dying while driving. I am a pediatric home nurse and I Transport disabled children so not only is my life in danger with this vehicle so are the lives of the disabled children I care for during my job. During the months it was in and out of the shop I missed so many work days I had to give up my position and start a different position due to the lack of reliability of this vehicle. I do not want the vehicle anymore nor will I ever trust it again! at this point I am paying over $600 a month for payment and insurance on a vehicle that is not safe to drive. I have nearly a 19,000 debt on this vehicle and it has been nothing but a nightmare.

- Dekalb , TX, USA

Aug 082012

Compass 4-cyl

While driving at 70 mph on I 90, I adjusted my posture, slightly elevating my hips and leaning back against the seatback, whereupon the seatback suddenly collapsed backward, leaving me looking at the ceiling. Fortunately I was virtually alone on the road and was able to quickly recover my upright position without loss of control. I stopped and examined the seatback adjustment and discovered that the seatbelt had intruded between the seat and the adjustment lever in such a way that my upward motion disengaged the lever so that my backward pressure allowed the seat to recline.

- Coeur D'alene, ID, USA