2014 Jeep Compass engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Jun 102016

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. When the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle accelerated rapidly. As a result, the contact crashed into a sign. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the body repairs were performed; however; the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 232014

Compass 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the key hesitated to turn to the on position. The oil pressure warning light illuminated. The contact stated that when the vehicle did start, it did not accelerate over 5 mph for the first mile driven. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,000.....updated 01/13/16 the consumer stated the problem is still occurring. Updated 1/22/16.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jan 302015

3rd times a charm 2014 Jeep Compass the first time it happened to me in July or Aug (4 months after I got the car) and I thought it was my fault, while parking and hitting the brake my car accelerated out of nowhere. I thought I had hit the accelerator by mistake. Thank god there was a cement thing on the floor 2nd time: My sister and I around the holidays, we were in my Jeep Compass, also parking at the local mall this is where I knew it wasn't me but again there was a cement barricade and prevent anything bad from happening, so I thought it was a fluke now today again this happened while parking and stepping on the break out of nowhere my car accelerated this time nothing on the floor and ran into a post. Bam!! my cars hood is all messed-up and so is the bumper!! has anyone else had this issue with the accelerator? idk what to do!!!!

- La Puente, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Squeaky brakes and acceleration problems. When I have a need for speed, the car down shifts and then accelerates is the best description I can give.

- Lucerne, CA, USA