2014 Jeep Compass seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Compass

Recall S61/NHTSA 16V-668. Loss of air bag and pretensioner deployment. The recall on my vehicle came out in October, and it's now January and there is no resolution yet. I already hate this vehicle and now feel unsafe driving it. How long will it take to have the recall complete" what is a reasonable time frame to have this fixed"

- Kings Park, NY, USA

Jan 122017

Compass

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Compass

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belt). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Armond Beach, FL, USA

Nov 072016

Compass

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 162016

Compass

I owned a 2014 Jeep Compass until December 2016. I received a recall notice from Chrysler of issues with airbags and seatbelts making the vehicle unsafe to operate according to me and the automobile insurance company. After conversations with the dealership closes to my home, I was told parts to correct the problem were not available and the date for the parts availability were undetermined. I was left with the choice of driving a rental car and continue to pay for that vehicle for undetermined amount of time. I decided to try and trade the vehicle. I went to 3 dealerships to get estimates on trading, with one being the same dealership where the vehicle was purchased with final results of being told that the car was worth $5000 less than what was owed on it and I could not get financing for another, not a recent model, vehicle and the balance of the Jeep Compass. So I voluntarily surrendered it back to the financing company leaving a bad finance mark on my credit. The car is to be sold at an auction for what ever price can be obtained leaving me with the balance to pay. My questions are, can Chrysler, automobile manufacturer, be held responsible to pay the balance, and is there anything I can do to recoop the damage this has caused my credit rating?

- Odenville, AL, USA

Jan 052017

Compass

Received safety recall notice on 10/1/16 for my 2014 Jeep Compass latitude 4X4, it is now 1/5/17 and I haven't received any further information on when the recalled parts will be replaced. To be driving around in a car that has recalls on the seat belts and airbags makes me feel very unsafe as a driver. And in addition to not receive any update on timeline for when my vehicle will be repaired is extremely concerning.

- Montpelier, VT, USA

Dec 192016

Compass

A recall was issued on these two parts, recall S 61, on October 1st 2016. I received no notification on this recall until I went to sell my car to a dealership on 12/19/2016. I called Chrysler customer service and was told there will not be a remedy for this situation until April 2017. Jeep, and it's parent company, isn't displaying the type of urgency I should see associated with a recall that could cause physical harm to my wife or I, while operating the vehicle. Now, I'm stuck paying for a car I no longer need and will not drive because of the safety issue.

- Holly Ridge, NC, USA

Sep 152016

Compass

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Compass

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Dec 012016

Compass

The vehicles may experience loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events due to a pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events due to a shorting condition resulting in a negative voltage transient that travels to the occupant restraint controller via front impact sensor wires.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Nov 052016

Compass

I received a recall notice.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 202016

Compass

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. While driving 5 mph, the contact rear ended the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and no injuries were sustained. The vehicle was taken to an auto body shop and repaired. After the repairs were made, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that some wires in the rear of the vehicle relating to the air bags needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The failure mileage was 40,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Huntington Station, NY, USA

Aug 012016

Compass

The vehicle is 2years old with 18000 miles, 3 safety recalls, kelly Jeep has had the vehicle for 8 weeks, we picked it up twice only to bring it back the next day, can not fix the problem, very dangerous shuts off while you are driving, safety issue, we would like to get a new vehicle

- Revere, MA, USA

Aug 112015

Compass

Tamara inflators recall. I was hit from right front, airbags deployed ejecting some kind of metal or plastic at a high velocity. I and my wife were taken to trauma center er. I has hit in the head by something and had a large knot on right side forehead as well as receiving a gash on my right hand by something as well as injured back. My wife suffered a lung compression and her whole chest was displaced upward. We were on a city street and another vehicle ran a stop sign hitting us in the right front. Updated 06/08/16

- Azle, TX, USA

Sep 012015

Compass

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. While driving approximately 15 mph, the contact crashed into the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the back and neck, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a body shop. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Nov 072014

Compass 4-cyl

Deer ran into passenger front side of car. Car caught on fire. Air bags did not deploy.

- North Haven, CT, USA

Aug 272014

Compass

While driving the air bag warning light came on. Drove rest of the way home and disengaged car engine, restarted vehicle light stayed on. Contacted mechanic and suggested to take to dealer. Brought to the dealer purchased from (less than 90 days prior) they indicated one if the side airbags is broken, needs anew "skirt ass'Y" and it disables all airbags for safety. How is disabling airbags helping my safety" while I can understand the need to draw a line for warranties, my vehicle is 1400 out of the bumper to bumper and the air bags are not a part that gets used. It's going to be over $900 to repair. Why isn't Chrysler standing behind their vehicles less than three years old" of which had airbag recalls in the recent past.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Mar 032014

Compass

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Compass. The contact stated that after being involved in a head on collision while driving 45 mph, the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained injuries to the neck, shoulder, and knees. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 4,828.

- Upland, CA, USA

Mar 032014

Compass 4-cyl

Airbags failed to deploy- during a head-on collision at 40 mph in the opposing vehicle traveling at approximately 15 miles an hour, and total destruction of the front end of the vehicle the airbags failed to deploy. Additional injuries were sustained to this failure. No recall notice had been received by the owner.

- Upland, CA, USA