2014 Jeep Compass steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Dec 312015

While looking at vehicles on the dealer lot I noticed this vehicle had the power steering pressure hose in contact to the dash panel steel upper cross member. Since the pressure hose moves with the engine it can wear a hole in the hose and the vehicle will lose steering assist and spray fluid on the catalytic converter which was close by. This was an issue I discovered in August of 2014 while working at fca and I told the company this issue was a design safety violation of fca out standards. I was ignored. Some vehicles which had not been shipped yet were knowingly shipped with this unacceptable hose clearance condition.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Jan 082015

Compass 4-cyl

I was driving on my way home from work. It was snowing ice. I have lived in Colorado my whole life and been driving in the snow since I was 16. My car was brand new when I had received it and there was no wear and tear on the car. It had taken me about twice as long to drive home because I had been driving so slow. Once I had entered my neighborhood, I took a turn, then another immediate turn going about 3 miles per hour due to road conditions. My turn was slow and wide and I hit a patch of black ice and began to glide to the opposite side of the road, about 15 feet bumping into the curb. My entire front driver-side axel had completely snapped and my rear axel had bent. Both tires were completely intact and the wheels were not effected as well. The front driver side had basically been complete snapped and torn out of the socket. It is unacceptable for this equipment to collapse and fail at such a low speed impact. I had also been denied and inspection from the service manager at the dealership that I had bought it from and had it towed to. They had also neglected to report it to the manufacturer upon our request, leaving me to report it for them. The dealership then threatened to move the car after the Jeep corporation ordered them not to. The Jeep corporation had also stated that they would inspect the vehicle as soon as they could, possible this week of 01/12/2015. I am requesting notification immediately.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Feb 062014

Compass 4-cyl

The car is all over the road when driving on snow covered roads.I had the dealer change did not help!! it feels like I''m skating on ice and am white knuckled every time I approach other vehicles coming at me! I had a 2011 Compass that performed spotless_what happened here?

- Nisbet, PA, USA