2014 Jeep Compass wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Compass:

2014 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Jan 082015

Compass 4-cyl

I was driving on my way home from work. It was snowing ice. I have lived in Colorado my whole life and been driving in the snow since I was 16. My car was brand new when I had received it and there was no wear and tear on the car. It had taken me about twice as long to drive home because I had been driving so slow. Once I had entered my neighborhood, I took a turn, then another immediate turn going about 3 miles per hour due to road conditions. My turn was slow and wide and I hit a patch of black ice and began to glide to the opposite side of the road, about 15 feet bumping into the curb. My entire front driver-side axel had completely snapped and my rear axel had bent. Both tires were completely intact and the wheels were not effected as well. The front driver side had basically been complete snapped and torn out of the socket. It is unacceptable for this equipment to collapse and fail at such a low speed impact. I had also been denied and inspection from the service manager at the dealership that I had bought it from and had it towed to. They had also neglected to report it to the manufacturer upon our request, leaving me to report it for them. The dealership then threatened to move the car after the Jeep corporation ordered them not to. The Jeep corporation had also stated that they would inspect the vehicle as soon as they could, possible this week of 01/12/2015. I am requesting notification immediately.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jan 142014

Compass

Tire low air indicator came on and tire went flat. I looked at tire and refilled with air just above the side wall into the tread on the top side of the tire was three holes up to 1/4 and the side wall had a bubble three inches across just about 3 inches below the three holes. I hit nothing and did not damage the sidewall. The dealer auto nation in spring tx acted like a 3rd grader shrugged his shoulders and said take it to a Firestone dealer.

- Spring, TX, USA