8.3

2015 Jeep Compass steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Compass:

2015 Jeep Compass Owner Comments

Dec 302015

Compass

The power steering return hose was in contact with the front suspension sway bar at curb condition with the vehicle stationary. The sway bar moves a couple inches with suspension travel and this will rub on the power steering hose considerably and can where a hole causing loss of power steering assist and a flammable fluid spraying in the engine and exhaust area. I know for a fact that fca has been shipping vehicles like this in direct violation of their safe design guidelines or at least 1.5 years now from July of 2014 until now. I worked at fca in 2014 and told them to contain this issue on multiple occasions and I was ignored by my fca management and plant quality people.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

May 242015

Compass

The vehicle engine shut down while driving.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA