8.0

1. replace brakes (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jul 091998

Wrangler SE 2.5L

New jeep, only about a year old. The breaks were squealing loud. Took to dealership. They weren't covered under warranty. I replaced them myself and they lasted a couple of years. Since I've owned it, I have replaced the pads and shoes 6 times. The rotors and drums twice. Even with new brakes and hardware, there is a little squeal. I tried ceramic brakes once, but that didn't help and I always use the brake grease. It helps, but after a few months, the squeal comes back.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA