7.0

2. replaced clutch (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Sep 252002

Wrangler SE 2.5L

Just over 70k and the clutch went out. It smelled terrible. Smoke was coming from the bell housing. At first I thought the trans went. Took it to a trans shop and they said I needed a new clutch. Only $675. I said thank you and towed it home. I replaced the clutch with a High Performance CenterForce Stage 2 Clutch with lifetime warranty. That only cost me $250. It took me 2 days to put it in, but save me a bunch.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 292005

Wrangler

clutch makes a grinding noise when pressed

- , Mt Pleasant, SC, USA