- July 25: Chrysler Recalls 410,000 Vehicles Over Wiring Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- July 18: Nothing 'Good' About Small SUV Headlights news | 12 days ago
- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 32 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 38 days ago
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.