- November 22: Chrysler Sued Over Stalling Vehicles, Long Wait for Parts
- November 13: Chrysler Recalls Cars With Failing Air Bags and Faltering Engines
- November 8: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee For Software Snafu
- October 25: Jeep Liberty Investigated After Reports of Door Fires
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.