- April 15: Jeep Owners Still Wait for Trailer-Hitch Fix
- April 3: Chrysler Recalls 867,000 SUVs for Brake Pedal Problems
- March 13: Feds Close Jeep Liberty Door Fires Investigation
- March 10: Chrysler Recalls 45,000 Vehicles to Update Software
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 24: Government Approves 'Sham' Jeep Trailer Hitch Recall
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.