- July 24: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles After Jeep Hacking Incident
- July 21: Hackers Take Control of a Jeep Cherokee, And it Ain't Pretty
- July 4: NHTSA: Fiat Chrysler Didn't Do Its Job in 23 Recalls
- June 30: Jeep and Dodge SUVs Recalled To Repair Suspension Problems
- June 24: Jeep Cherokee Recalled For Power Liftgate Module Fire Risk
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.