- February 8: Jeep Grand Cherokees Keep Rolling Away investigations | 6 days ago
- December 24: Chrysler Recalls 570,000 SUVs To Fix Fire Dangers recalls | 52 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Cherokee Recalled Again For Power Liftgate Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- December 8: Jeep Wrangler Airbag Clockspring Investigation Upgraded investigations | 68 days ago
- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing investigations | 79 days ago
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.