- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
- July 22: Chrysler Recalls 792,000 Jeeps For Ignition Switch Problems
- July 19: Chrysler Lawsuit Filed After Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire
- July 17: Jeep Trailer Hitch "Fix" Will Take 2 Years to Complete
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.