- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 6 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 10 days ago
- August 7: ZF North America Recalls 505,000 Transmission Sensors recalls | 20 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 21 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 24 days ago
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Worst 1997 Wrangler drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft: Seal2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly: Axle Shaft1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Transfer Case (4-Wheel Drive)1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Wrangler Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Wrangler compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Wrangler overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Wrangler.