8.8

1. replace tps (3 reports)
  2. replace spark plugs (2 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jan 211998

Wrangler SE 2.5L

Second time Throttle position sensor went out. Dealership fixed under warranty

Jun 272001

Wrangler SE 2.5L

Throttle position sensor went out again. This time it was off warranty and I had to pay. It's not hard to change, but is getting old.

Jun 142000

Wrangler SE 2.5L

This was the third time the sensor went out. I had just got to the mall and the engine started chugging. I parked it at the end of the parking lot under a tree. This time I new exactly what the problem was. I removed the sensor. Walked about 2 blocks to the New Dodge Dealership and after they looked up my jeep history, agreed to exchange the part. I walked back to the jeep and installed the new TPS just as my wife had finished shopping. Atleast this dealership was understanding about my problems.

Jun 262002

Wrangler SE 2.5L

had to replace the plugs again. this time two of them were burnt. I replaced them with Bosch, instead of champions, and haven't had a problem with the plugs since.

Jun 101998

Wrangler SE 2.5L

engine wasn't running right. took it to the dealership. they replaced 2 sparkplugs. one wasn't working and one was cracked.