1. replace fuel rails (1 reports)
1997 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Jeep Wrangler:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Feb 181997

Wrangler SE 2.5L

Only had the jeep for 3 days. Drove it from Michigan to Indiana and it costed over $400 in gas. Dealership in Indiana said it needed a fuel rail, regulator, injectors(basically a new fuel delivery system) but my jeep wasn't under warranty. Apparently my lease didn't have a warranty. I explained to them that the jeep was only 3 days old and I was on my way to Florida for a vacation. They were actually nice and used some left over parts from other jeeps to get mine working again. I ended up driving back home and taking my girlfriends car to Florida. When I got back, I went to the bank and we renegotiated the lease to get a warranty. I took the jeep to the dealership and they didn't want to fix it. They said that there was no record of the Indiana dealership fixing my jeep. At this point I was P.O.'d. I threw the keys at them and told them to keep the damn jeep and I left. I called the bank and told them that I no longer wanted the jeep because nobody would fix it. Long story short, I had to get a lawyer to get them to fix it. This was just the beginning with my problem with this Jeep.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA