1998 Jeep Wrangler suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Jeep Wrangler:

1998 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jul 132012

Wrangler 4.0L Straight 6

Its crazy that jeep would let something called "a death wobble" go without informing jeep owners of it!!

- , Nice, CA, USA

Nov 162010

Why am I reading about the "death wobble" everywhere, yet no one has filed a lawsuit? Nor does anyone have a single fix to the problem. It appears that there are many suggested "fixes" yet no one is able to completely fix the problem. Why was this steering problem not a recall from Jeep/Chrysler? When I go over 50 mph and hit a tiny rock, my steering wheel shakes so horribly that my arms hurt the next day from trying to keep control of my vehicle. The only way to stop the shaking is to come to a complete stop (causes traffic problems and I am no longer comfortable taking my children or grandchildren with me in the vehicle). I am seeing HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of stories of this problem when googled "Jeep Death Wobble". Why is no one taking up this cause?

- , Pearlington, MS, USA