2002 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Wrangler:

2002 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Oct 292014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Right front brake line rusted along frame rail causing line to split at which time both right and left front as well as both rear brake operation failed completely.

- Claremont, NH, USA

May 042014

Wrangler 4-cyl

While driving 65 mph in my Jeep Wrangler on the highway I brake as usual and next thing I know the brake pedal went straight to the floor. I had a total brake loss failure. I pump the brake pedal, but the pedal would not regain stopping power. I swerved violently to the right side of the highway and almost rear ended a truck. I managed to use the emergency brake to slow down my Jeep Wrangler. No injuries, no property damage...lucky me. The reason for brake pedal loss was due to rust which ate at the brake line over time and then finally the brake line gave out. I had to replace the entire brake lines in my Jeep Wrangler. Very pricey repair. Wish I was informed of this safety issue problem. The outcome could have been much worse!

- Davenport, IA, USA

Sep 122012

Corrosion on the rear brake lines caused catastrophic failure of brakes. This is a ten year old vehicle that I bought from the dealer. Fortunately, the failure occurred in a parking lot.

- Columbus, OH, USA