2003 Jeep Wrangler brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Wrangler:

2003 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jan 032004

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I feel brake and gas pedal are too close together.I apply brakes but my foot sometimes hit gas pedal at the same time, and vise-versa.

- Oakland, NJ, USA

Jul 312003

Wrangler 4-cyl

I was involved in an accident on 7/31/03. I depressed the brake in a hard manor but since the gas pedal is so close to the brake, my foot was half on the brake and half on the gas pedal. I checked other makes and models and they have more distance between the brake and the gas pedal. This seems to be indicitive of Chrysler products. I have been driving for over 24 years and have a very good driving record. Not once in all those years has this happened. This is the second time in two months this has now happended to me. I purchase my Jeep just two months ago. Please check the spacing of the break and gas pedals for yourselves.

- Corona, CA, USA