4.5

2004 Jeep Wrangler cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Wrangler:

2004 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jun 302005

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

While trying to use the ac on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler, it was overheating. I took to a dealership service dept.they said it was the clutch fan.replaced under warranty and told me it worked fine after being test driven and verified. I drove the next day, could not use the air because as soon as the motor warmed up it overheated to 260. I shut it down and had it towed back to same dealership(3rd time). Told them to check thermostat waterpump etcc.. explained that I can't even drive it now for overheating. Three and half hours later they said it is a radiator restriction and I am 32 nd on a list because apparently there has been quite a problem with the radiator on the Jeep Wrangler but no recalls. They also say they don't know if it is covered under warranty. I have had it less than a year and only has 24000 miles on it. The warranty is 3/yr/36000 I believe. Am checking on htis. Has anyone else reported this problem?

- Erin, TN, USA