4.0

2004 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Wrangler:

2004 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jan 312008

Wrangler Rubicon 4.0L Straight 6

My Jeep Wrangler Rubicon idles well when first started but as it warms up it begins to idle roughly and the idle drops a couple hundred RPM. It seems to be using too much fuel but it is hard to say as I run larger than stock tires. Lately it has been producing the occasional skip or hesitation when under load. The problem is slowly worsening. I have played with the idle air controller and cleaning it seems to help for a few minutes but the problem always returns. I replaced the idle air controller but it made no difference. The water temp sensor was replaced as well and also made no difference. I do have a snorkel on the Jeep but it runs the same when I remove the plastic air intake directly from the throttle body. ANY IDEAS?

- , Londonderry, NH, USA