6.5

2004 Jeep Wrangler wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Wrangler:

2004 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Feb 222005

Wrangler 4WD

Purchased a used 2004 Jeep Wrangler rubicon with 11000 miles on the odometer, after driving the vehicle for several months I noticed that the odometer seamed to be reading slow, so I had the odometer checked by a state trooper and found out that at 45 mph I was only moving at 40 mph. With further investigation I found that the tires and rims are not the right size for the vehicle. The tires that where on the Jeep when I purchased it are P225/75R15, the manufacturer recommends LT245/75R16, is this vehicle safe to drive" the dealership where I purchased the Jeep from refuses to make it right. Would the 11000 miles on the odometer be right or could it be more"

- Geneva, NY, USA