2005 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Wrangler:

2005 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Mar 312010

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I own a 2005 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon. Nearly every time I fill up at a gas station the gas nozzle does not click off when the tank is near full and gas runs down over the side of the car, the fender and onto the ground (and sometimes onto clothes/shoes). I have owned the Jeep for almost a year now (I am the second owner) and it has done this ever since I purchased it.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Feb 142010

Each time I top off the tank in my 2005 Jeep Wrangler, the tank overflows and gas runs down the side of my vehicle. I am both paying for gas that is being wasted, and having to deal with the likelihood that the paint underneath my gas cap will soon be ruined.

- Smithfield, VA, USA

Jun 232005

I purchased my Jeep in may of 2005. Since that time the engine light has come on and the O2 sensor replaced three times. The light is on again. I truly feel there has been a malfunction in these sensors, since I talk to other Jeep owners and they have the same issue. Can you fix this under a recall?

- Laporte, IN, USA