2007 Jeep Wrangler lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Dec 312014

Wrangler 6-cyl

The passenger side low beam operates intermittently. The problem has been traced to the solid state relay on the tipm printed circuit board. The low beam usually operates after having the selector set to high beam for 20-30 minutes. The only remedy is replacing the tipm at substantial cost for a relatively simple and very important, safety related vehicle function. Replacement tipm units are not readily available, and there is no temporary repair possible. This failure effectively precludes legal operation of the vehicle until the costly repair can be completed.

- Coffeyville, KS, USA

Feb 122012

Wrangler 6-cyl

Windshield wipers and lights failed to work during icy rain/snowy conditions. Road visibility was significantly impaired and I couldn't see my instrument panel. I had no option but to continue home at very slow speeds to avoid an accident. After approximately 20 minutes of driving without wipers, the wipers suddenly turned on by themselves, moving very fast. I could not adjust the wiper speed at all. When I arrived home and turned the Jeep off and removed the keys, wipers still would not turn off. I had to disconnect the battery to stop the wipers. Dealer claims it was a faulty wiper motor. I advised them I think it's a faulty tipm based on what I researched/read online. They assured me the tipm was working fine. When they ordered and installed the new wiper motor, it didn't fix the problem. They then admitted they were wrong with the diagnostic and the tipm was faulty. They advised me that I need a new tipm and that all tipms are on nationwide back order. Seems tipm failure is a recurring theme amongst certain Jeep Wrangler models. If your lights and wipers can go out while operating the vehicle, this is a huge safety hazard. I called Chrysler to complain and have yet to hear back from them.

- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA