2.3

2009 Jeep Wrangler body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jeep Wrangler:

2009 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Dec 122016

Wrangler

Driver's side (left) exterior side mirror fell off while driving on a city street. Mirror fell into road way posing a hazard for other drivers. Upon recovering mirror I found that the structural base that attached the mirror to the body was severely corroded away and it broke where an attaching bolt affixed the mirror to the mount not at the point the mount attached to the vehicle. My selling dealer covered this under our Chrysler extended warranty with a $100 deductible. But this is a common defect and poses a safety hazard both to the owner and others around the vehicle or other drivers.

- Portage, MI, USA

Jan 012014

Wrangler 6-cyl

I have a 2009 4 door rubicon. I am experiencing major rust on the body under the doors, and with oxidation on non steel parts such as the mirror hardware and tire valve stems. I experienced the oxidation from the very start of owning the vehicle. In general event some bolts on the inside of the vehicle have rust on them. Chrysler is not will to do anything about it.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

Mar 262014

Wrangler 6-cyl

My wife took my Wrangler to get gas and when the guy pulled out the nozzle gas sprayed out and some got on him and my Jeep this is actually the second time this has happened the first time was 2/20/14 same gas station different guy.

- Rockland, MA, USA

Feb 242014

Wrangler 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while traveling 65 mph, the hood latch failed and partially. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was not taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 52,000.

- Luskin , TX, USA