5.9

2009 Jeep Wrangler lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jeep Wrangler:

2009 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 012009

Wrangler

The wipers keep turning on by themselves and sometimes won't shut off. They also sometimes come on when the turn signals are used, and again sometimes won't turn off. They sometimes won't turn on. Also, bulbs, such as headlight, markers, and fog lights keep blowing out on an extremely frequent basis. All these thing happen when the Jeep is both in motion and idling both on city streets and highway driving.....going foreword and during mid turn. While accelerating and braking. All occurrences have happened during all 4 New York seasons. And at no specific time of day. We have no photos but this happens at various times and has happened many times since the Jeep was bought new in 2010 and this was brought to the attention of the dealership which informed me that they did not physically "see" it happen therefore could not diagnose. I will put a date in the "when did this happen box" below as a start point...but know it has happened many times and continues to happen to this day.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Apr 072016

Wrangler

My airbag light keeps going on and off and chimes with ever time it is engaged on the freeway. I believe my airbag system is malfunctioning which is a safety concern.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 022016

Wrangler

The vehicle would not turn on I would have to continuously turn the ignition and finally it will turn on. The vehicle has recently began stalling and turning off when I would be sitting at a traffic light and vibrating very scarely. The check engine light came on so I took it to my machanic who stated it needed to have a tuneup because it was misfiring on five cylinders instead of six cylinders. The was done but five days later the problem returned and this time the taillight on the right side of the vehicle alone with the right side signal light were both out. I then took the vehicle to Jeep who charged me $140 just to tell me that it would cost me another $870 to replace the tipm. I don't understand how this could be happening on a vehicle with 72,000 miles if it was not defected to begin with. Barbara king

- Ossining, NY, USA