2010 Jeep Wrangler body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Drove my car and everything was fine. Parked car at my apartments and smelled something that smelled like a fire. Went to the other side and saw fire coming from under the hood. Within minutes the fire consumed the entire front of my Jeep Wrangler. I never had any problems before this not even a check engine light was on.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Aug 052016

"takata recall" (2 recalls). Received the recall notice. On the 2nd paragraph it states that this condition could cause serious injury or death. It doesn't get much worse then death. However, we still have to operate these vehicles knowing that it's a risk to our health and safety. NHTSA should be ashamed of themselves. I called Chrysler and spoke to a rep. I told him my concern and he explained that parts may not be available until early 2017. I told him this call was to inform him of my concern and that god forbid something happens that I would own Chrysler and will file a suit against NHTSA. Allowing drivers to operate vehicles with known safety defects is a crime. I inform you today basically notifying you that I'm on record and that my attorney has been directed to do the same.

- Ridgway, PA, USA

Jul 222015

I was driving my Jeep to work when all the sudden white smoke entered the cap. I rolled the window down to vent the smoke and saw flames at my feet. I pulled the Jeep over to the side of the highway just in time for the brakes to fail. After putting the emergency brake on so it would roll into another car I jumped out of the car just in time to see the flames eat the hood of my Jeep and work its way back through my entire vehicle. I watched as the fire department put out the fire over and over and over. Since it had a full tank of gas my Jeep was distroyed. I put $70,000 of parts into my Jeep and it was all eaten by a fire in 20 minutes. I got the oil changed done at the dealership and was never told about a recall. I never recieved any piece of mail notifying me of any recall. I didn't know about the fire issues until I started to research what the problem might have been. The fire department said that they will investigate it but that there really isn't anything left of the Jeep to find the origin. I have video of the fire when it was occuring as well as pictures of the before, during, and after the fire....updated 09/22/15

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Mar 142013

Wrangler 6-cyl

TL- the contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the fender became detached from the vehicle. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed that the fender had detached because of mud that had accumulated on the bottom of the fender. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Kmj

- The Colony, TX, USA