2010 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Nov 032015

Wrangler

The airbag clockspring assemblies needed to be replaced in my left-hand drive Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep Wrangler already has a recall for right-hand drive models addressing broken airbag clockspring assemblies. Recall number: 13V176000 in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, a broken electrical circuit in the airbag clockspring wiring assembly can lead to non-deployment of the driver-side frontal airbag and will not be able to properly protect the driver, increasing the risk of injuries. In my opinion this is a serious safety risk in the Jeep Wrangler. I received the warning light while the Jeep was in motion, and luckily I was near a Jeep dealership (bill bryan Chrysler Dodge Jeep, fruitland park, fl 34731) where I had the broken airbag clockspring assembly replaced to the tune of $500.

- Livingston, TX, USA

Oct 052015

Wrangler

I was driving to work on 10-5-15 when a drunk driver pulled out in front of me, I had no time to stop but when my 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited hit their vehicle, I immediately smelled and saw smoke comming from the engine compartment of my Jeep. I drove to the side of the road where I quickly got out and made it just in time because the vehicle quickly burst into flames. My airbags also did not deploy which I thought odd because I was traveling around 45 mph at the time of the accident.

- Wadesboro, NC, USA

Oct 172015

Wrangler

There are recalls already for the issue below for right hand steering vehicles. This recall should be applied to all Jeep Wrangler vehicles 2007-2012. A broken electrical circuit in the airbag clockspring wiring assembly can lead to non-deployment of the driver frontal airbag and will not be able to properly protect the driver in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injuries. Anytime that the steering wheel is moved from neutral/straight position the airbag light will turn on and a chime is heard.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Oct 012015

Wrangler

Airbag light comes on and off when turning steering wheel dealer tells me its the air bag clock spring. When I turn on my blinker to turn left it doesn't turn off since I've bought it. My car has 66,567 miles on

- Bethel, CT, USA

Sep 292015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while stopping at a red light, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jul 292015

Wrangler

Air bag warning light began illuminating when driving in straight line, when turning the light turns off until driving straight again. This is a left hand drive vehicle with the same symptoms as the recall placed on right hand drive models of the same year.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Aug 062015

Wrangler

On the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 - 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Cottonwood, AZ, USA

Aug 012015

Wrangler

Airbag light flashes intermittently and chimes apparently this is caused by a defective clock spring that affects a lot of left hand drive Jeep. Airbag is disabled when light is on. This is a safety issue.

- Desoto, IA, USA

Mar 102015

Wrangler

I have been getting radom warning chimed and an air bag warning light when turning the steering wheel while cornering. Now it is almost always on and needs to be fixed before next inspection is due. Its a clockspring failure in the steering column, a problem common to the current Wrangler from 07-2014. There has already been a recall for the RHD models for the same thing but not lhd Jeep. This is my second failure, my 2007 had the same problems as my 2010. Its time for Jeep to offer a recall and replace this part of the airbag system.

- Wingina, VA, USA

Jun 282015

Wrangler

Air bag malfunction light came on. All fuses checked no issues, all wiring harnesses checked, no issues, dealership informs it may be clock spring which is not covered under previous recall.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

May 262015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer stated that the clock spring assembly needed to be replaced. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 (air bags). The vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Signal Mountain, TN, USA

May 072015

Wrangler

Air bag light comes on and warning sound goes off intermittently. Researched the internet and there are a large number of complaints for the same symptoms. Appears to be a defective clock spring for which Chrysler issued a recall but only on right hand drives. Contacted Chrysler and they don't believe it is an issue. I'm concerned that my air bag will not deploy in the event of a crash. If this is an issue in right hand drives, not sure why it would not apply to all. They do use the same clock spring.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Apr 222015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag light would illuminate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and it was determined that the clock spring needed to be replaced. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 (air bags); however, the vehicle was not included. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Cincinatti, OH, USA

Apr 212015

Wrangler

On the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) dashboard, the airbag warning light, ABS, esp and traction control lights flash on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Wahiawa , HI, USA

Mar 302015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The dashboard airbag light comes on and off intermittently while driving. It is uncertain whether the airbag will deploy, if it is needed. The occurrence of the airbag light seems to be related to steering wheel turns, and the light comes on and off frequently while driving around town, sometimes 8-10 times per minute. There was no incident that precipitated this defect, it simply started one day, and has continued non-stop since that first time.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Mar 092015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Airbag light on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler turns on and off especially when I turn. Not sure if the airbag will function in the event of an accident. From what I'm reading it sounds like a bad clockspring.

- Country Club, MO, USA

Jan 022015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Driving 25mph in the city. Came to a stop. Turned left and the airbag light came on. The rest of the drive the light would come on and off when making left or right turns. I know the symptoms from other owners and it seems to be the clock spring.

- Beloit, WI, USA

Feb 012015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

While driving the Jeep the airbag warning light came on with the warning chime. The light continued to go on and off intermittently and the chime sounded. I took the Jeep to the local dealer who I bought it from and they determined it was a faulty clock spring in the steering column. I researched this issue on line and learned that this is a common problem on this model of Jeep. Right hand drive models have been recalled for this issue and the clock springs replaced, but there is no such recall for the left hand drive vehicles. The on line information indicated that this issue could cause the airbag to not deploy in an accident, so I had it replaced by the dealer at my expense. This issue should be addressed by Chrysler and owners who've had their clock springs replaced for this issue should be reimbursed for their expense.

- Pocatello, ID, USA

May 052014

Wrangler

I have a lhd Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport. It is a 2010 and the issue that is occurring is the clockspring has gone bad. The light came on for the air bag in about may and once I saw how much it was to fix it I just decided to deal with the annoying beep. After researching Jeep forums, I've seen that Chrysler Corp has been pretty negligent in addressing the issue by saying the recall only applies for RHD vehicles. If you're having numerous reports of a problem but in a lhd vehicle why wouldn't you own up to it? I'm not sure if people need to die in an accident before they own up to it or what but its pretty ridiculous.

- Winterville, GA, USA

Aug 152013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at all speeds I would get an airbag warning light and chime associated with steering inputs. Contacted service department. They said no recall exists and im out of warranty and would have to pay to get it fixed. Looked up recalls and failed components common to my complaint. Found the exact problem on my Jeep up to 2009 and another recall for my year Jeep but only right handed steering models. Did more research and the same part number component is used in all of them in this year group but my vehicle isn't covered. This is a gross neglect to address a know safety concern and could result in serious injury or death. The Jeep was bought new, and airbags should be warrantied for longer than 36,000 miles. Especially when they are being recalled for every year and model around mine and I have the same exact problem.

- San Diego, CA, USA