2010 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Wrangler:

2010 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Jul 122015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was constantly illuminated. The contact also stated that the horn became inoperable. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the clock spring failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Nov 122015

Wrangler

My airbag light keeps going on and off every minute while I was driving. I took it in to have it get looked at and the dealership informed me that it was a clock-spring issue. I did some research and selected Jeep models from 2007 to 2012 had a recall for this issue. When I contacted crystler on this issue they informed me that my Jeep is not part of the recall even though it is the same problem as other Jeep. It is going to cost about $700 out of pocket to fix this issue on my Jeep.

- Hometown, IL, USA

Nov 122015

Wrangler

My airbag lights keep going off and on every minute or so. I called Chrysler to see if their was a recall on the clock spring and they said no. The repair is going to cost me $750.

- Hometown, IL, USA

Nov 012015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated and took the vehicle to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 77,000.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Nov 032015

Wrangler

The airbag clockspring assemblies needed to be replaced in my left-hand drive Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep Wrangler already has a recall for right-hand drive models addressing broken airbag clockspring assemblies. Recall number: 13V176000 in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, a broken electrical circuit in the airbag clockspring wiring assembly can lead to non-deployment of the driver-side frontal airbag and will not be able to properly protect the driver, increasing the risk of injuries. In my opinion this is a serious safety risk in the Jeep Wrangler. I received the warning light while the Jeep was in motion, and luckily I was near a Jeep dealership (bill bryan Chrysler Dodge Jeep, fruitland park, fl 34731) where I had the broken airbag clockspring assembly replaced to the tune of $500.

- Livingston, TX, USA

Oct 052015

Wrangler

I was driving to work on 10-5-15 when a drunk driver pulled out in front of me, I had no time to stop but when my 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited hit their vehicle, I immediately smelled and saw smoke comming from the engine compartment of my Jeep. I drove to the side of the road where I quickly got out and made it just in time because the vehicle quickly burst into flames. My airbags also did not deploy which I thought odd because I was traveling around 45 mph at the time of the accident.

- Wadesboro, NC, USA

Oct 172015

Wrangler

There are recalls already for the issue below for right hand steering vehicles. This recall should be applied to all Jeep Wrangler vehicles 2007-2012. A broken electrical circuit in the airbag clockspring wiring assembly can lead to non-deployment of the driver frontal airbag and will not be able to properly protect the driver in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injuries. Anytime that the steering wheel is moved from neutral/straight position the airbag light will turn on and a chime is heard.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Oct 012015

Wrangler

Airbag light comes on and off when turning steering wheel dealer tells me its the air bag clock spring. When I turn on my blinker to turn left it doesn't turn off since I've bought it. My car has 66,567 miles on

- Bethel, CT, USA

Sep 292015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while stopping at a red light, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jul 292015

Wrangler

Air bag warning light began illuminating when driving in straight line, when turning the light turns off until driving straight again. This is a left hand drive vehicle with the same symptoms as the recall placed on right hand drive models of the same year.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Aug 062015

Wrangler

On the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 - 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Cottonwood, AZ, USA

Aug 012015

Wrangler

Airbag light flashes intermittently and chimes apparently this is caused by a defective clock spring that affects a lot of left hand drive Jeep. Airbag is disabled when light is on. This is a safety issue.

- Desoto, IA, USA

Mar 102015

Wrangler

I have been getting radom warning chimed and an air bag warning light when turning the steering wheel while cornering. Now it is almost always on and needs to be fixed before next inspection is due. Its a clockspring failure in the steering column, a problem common to the current Wrangler from 07-2014. There has already been a recall for the RHD models for the same thing but not lhd Jeep. This is my second failure, my 2007 had the same problems as my 2010. Its time for Jeep to offer a recall and replace this part of the airbag system.

- Wingina, VA, USA

Jun 282015

Wrangler

Air bag malfunction light came on. All fuses checked no issues, all wiring harnesses checked, no issues, dealership informs it may be clock spring which is not covered under previous recall.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

May 262015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer stated that the clock spring assembly needed to be replaced. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 (air bags). The vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Signal Mountain, TN, USA

May 072015

Wrangler

Air bag light comes on and warning sound goes off intermittently. Researched the internet and there are a large number of complaints for the same symptoms. Appears to be a defective clock spring for which Chrysler issued a recall but only on right hand drives. Contacted Chrysler and they don't believe it is an issue. I'm concerned that my air bag will not deploy in the event of a crash. If this is an issue in right hand drives, not sure why it would not apply to all. They do use the same clock spring.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Apr 222015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the air bag light would illuminate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and it was determined that the clock spring needed to be replaced. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 13V176000 (air bags); however, the vehicle was not included. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Cincinatti, OH, USA

Apr 212015

Wrangler

On the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) dashboard, the airbag warning light, ABS, esp and traction control lights flash on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2010 Jeep Wrangler (jku) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- Wahiawa , HI, USA

Mar 302015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The dashboard airbag light comes on and off intermittently while driving. It is uncertain whether the airbag will deploy, if it is needed. The occurrence of the airbag light seems to be related to steering wheel turns, and the light comes on and off frequently while driving around town, sometimes 8-10 times per minute. There was no incident that precipitated this defect, it simply started one day, and has continued non-stop since that first time.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Mar 092015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Airbag light on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler turns on and off especially when I turn. Not sure if the airbag will function in the event of an accident. From what I'm reading it sounds like a bad clockspring.

- Country Club, MO, USA