2011 Jeep Wrangler accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Wrangler:

2011 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 062014

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the driver's seat belt fractured while the contact was secured in the driver seat. The contact discovered that the driver seat mount was also fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver seat belt needed to replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was a 60,000.

- Haulstad, KS, USA

Feb 032014

I started my Jeep this morning in my driveway with the factory remote start, 10 min later I walked out of my house and saw flames and smoke coming from my drivers side door. A car driving by had stopped and called 911. Another neighbor ran over with a fire extinguisher and we were able to get the fire in control before the fire department got there. The driver side door is completely destroyed and melted, the window is gone. The roof, seat and surrounding area are also damaged. The fire appeared to have started somewhere in the driver side door. I called Jeep twice today thinking they would be concerned and responsive, but I was told it would be 2-5 days before they could have someone come out and inspect the car. In the meantime I wait carless...thank goodness my 2 children were not in the car when it happened. I did some research this evening and found the exact same thing happened to a couple in montreal last January and found reports of this happening 2 other times with the exact same make, model & year Jeep.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Feb 082012

While driving on a straight road, I shifted in my driver's seat and the seat back collapsed to the rear seat. This caused a momentary loss of control of the vehicle. I attempted to raise the seat back with the recliner mechanism. This allowed me to sit up in a highly reclined position (wherein my arms were stretched to the maximum in order to drive the remainder of my trip). I didn't drive the vehicle the next day. I reported this situation to my dealer the next day (February 10) for correction (although I had previously reported this same condition around April of 2011 and was told that no problem could be found). The dealer service department investigated and found that the recliner mechanism was broken and required replacement. They suggested that I put something behind the seat to keep it from falling back into the rear seat while the part was ordered. I waited a week (February 17) with no response from the dealer, I visited the location and was told that the part had to come from the seat vendor and an express request was placed on the order for immediate shipment. Today (February 23) I was contacted by the service representative and informed that the an eta for the replacement part was not available and for me to contact Chrysler directly for their intervention. Since this is a safety situation where the seat could un-expectedly collapse and the dealer not taking any other action for my safety, it is a strong concern that this could happen to others and have a terrible result.

- Norfolk, VA, USA