2011 Jeep Wrangler body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Wrangler:

2011 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 062015

Purchased the vechicle new, within 2500 miles vechicle leaked with over 1inch of water on the passenger side floor board, the dealer replaced the seals move forward 40K miles drive side does the same, replaced the seals. As soon as the seals have were replaced the passenger side and the center seam of the freedom panel started leaking. My vechicle has mood and mild all over the inside of the roof and under the seats. Was told by the dealer that the very first fix was an obsolete fix and they have come out with a better seal kit but it would be at my cost to replace. My vechicle is now just over 70K miles and has never been dry since we bought it new. Not to mention I've gone through three stereos due to the leak and shorting out as well.

- Swansboro, NC, USA

Nov 202013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The front two doors of my Jeep leak water. If it rains over night the passenger floor board will have 3/4 inch of standing water, the door leaks more when driving while raining. The driver side door leaks, but only when driving and not enough to fill the floor board. I shop vacuum the passenger floor board every time it rains to get the standing water out, then put towels down to soak up what is left. The carpet now smells moldy, this is a safety issue concerning my health. Jeep has a service bulletin of 23-010-13 (formally 23-001-12) out, so they know about the issue. Why can they not do a recall on the issue?

- Titus, AL, USA

Apr 052011

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle has been taken in for leaking 5 times and five times the dealer returned it still leaking.

- Northport, NY, USA

Feb 032014

I started my Jeep this morning in my driveway with the factory remote start, 10 min later I walked out of my house and saw flames and smoke coming from my drivers side door. A car driving by had stopped and called 911. Another neighbor ran over with a fire extinguisher and we were able to get the fire in control before the fire department got there. The driver side door is completely destroyed and melted, the window is gone. The roof, seat and surrounding area are also damaged. The fire appeared to have started somewhere in the driver side door. I called Jeep twice today thinking they would be concerned and responsive, but I was told it would be 2-5 days before they could have someone come out and inspect the car. In the meantime I wait carless...thank goodness my 2 children were not in the car when it happened. I did some research this evening and found the exact same thing happened to a couple in montreal last January and found reports of this happening 2 other times with the exact same make, model & year Jeep.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Sep 212011

Wrangler 6-cyl

Since I have had the Jeep the top has leaked and this happened before I had ever taken the top off. In doing my research this has happened to 100S of other people. One was able to successfully initiate the lemon law and after that succeeded she found crysler manipulated the VIN records. I have gotten no help bringing the Jeep back it happens I dry it out. If not the carpet gets moldy and smells. My neighbor has the same year and make same issue we have both given up and just have to deal with it. I cannot keep taking time out of my day to bring it back to the dealer as I had 5 times prior. I love the Jeep but having rain pour in if its coming down hard enough or coming into puddles is frustrating and for a new vehicle it's unacceptable. The only response I have gotten from Jeep is bring it in again there is no design flaw yet the deales will admits there is. I have ahead left on my lease and so frustrated. I will be on vacation starting Thursday but needed to fill this out after another discussion with customer service and they said oh well essentially it's a Jeep they leak :( sure moldy floors, and what other safety issues are there? this forum U can find wealth of other complaints or by doing a simple google search on jk leaky tops.

- Ansonia, CT, USA

Jun 012011

Whenever I am traveling on a two lane road at approximately 55 mph and am passed from the opposite direction by a large semi, also traveling at approximately the same speed, the hood on my Wrangler lifts off its seat from the gust of wind created by the semi. After the semi has passed, the hood settles back down. The hood latches are made of rubber and allow the hood to do this. This can be a little scary especially if you are being passed by multiple trucks. The hood goes up, comes back down, and then repeats this until all of the trucks have passed. Could the hood latches fail and allow the hood to hit the front windshield?

- Shorewood, IL, USA

Jul 202011

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated when a passenger exit the rear passenger sear they would fall over the carpet, due to it curling up from the floorboard. The dealer advised the contact that it was a cosmetic failure and did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was aware of the failure. No repairs were performed. The current mileage was 2,600. The approximate failure mileage was 200.

- Bellvue, FL, USA

Aug 272011

The roof of my 2011 Jeep Wrangler unlimited leaks down the rear view mirror, down the windshield and onto the dash board.

- Quincy, MA, USA