2011 Jeep Wrangler lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Wrangler:

2011 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

May 012015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Initially the steering wheel control buttons fro the computer would not function. Then lost the following: Interior lights, all switches in the switch bank, heated seats, electronic traction control, hill descent etc. Stopped working. Dealer checked it out said that it was a bad tipm. It is going to cost $850 to replace but it is on national back order, so no estimation as to when it could be replaced. This unit controls everything from the fuel pump to the air bags and the dealer said that any of that could stop working at any minute.

- Lucedale, MS, USA

Nov 022010

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I have been experiencing electrical problems with my vehicle since I purchased it in November 2010. There has been systemic electrical failures that are getting progressively worse and putting my safety at risk. I have been getting the run around with Chrysler regarding the problems. - I purchased the vehicle brand new from a Jeep dealer in los angeles California. Since being purchased the following components have failed intermittently. Each part simply stopped working while I was driving the vehicle and in order to make them start working again I would have to pull over turn the car off wait a few minutes then turn the car back on (horn, lights, window maser switch, car stereo, car stereo amp, driver's airbag). Once I restarted the car it seemed like the Jeep would reset and the parts would start working again. Jeep has been replacing these items, but they would never root cause the problem. - most recently Chrysler discovered that the fuse box & electrical cluster were defective. It took Jeep 77 days to replace the 2 parts. The worse part is they tried to have me drive the vehicle during those 77 days until the parts became available putting me and any vehicle around me at risk of injury and death. This in my opinion is a serious safety hazard. - while I hope this is the end of my problems.. I think the NHTSA should investigate Jeep Chrysler's electrical cluster and components to ensure that they are worthy of being in vehicles on the road.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 032014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Was entering onto the interstate when my 2011 Jeep Wrangler completely shut off, all warning lights on the dash came on, power steering went out, and headlights turned off. Immediately maneuvered the Jeep off of the interstate where I sat in 20 degree weather for a half hour before it would start back. Two weeks later I was driving down the interstate in a rain storm and the windshield wipers completely shut off. Once again, we had to carefully get off of the interstate and try to get them working, which we failed to do. Had to wait until the storm passed before we were able to get the vehicle home. My husband is a mechanic and began driving the Jeep on a daily basis with a computer hooked to it in hopes to catch a code. Once again, the Jeep shut off all power and threw a code for the tipm module. Since then, we've had several instances where the Jeep looses all power and shuts off along with the traction control kicking off and on. We bought the Jeep and had it for only 3 weeks before the problems began. We've contacted the dealer we purchased from, several Jeep dealerships and Chrysler directly and received the run around by all of them. We contacted our local Jeep dealer where we were told that the tipm modules were a common problem and they were on back order with no estimated time of arrival, but they would call when it came in. That was 8 months ago and still we haven't received a call. I'm always nervous when I drive it now because you never know when is going to shut off in traffic and cause a wreck because you can't get off of the interstate nor can you steer easily. I really wish Chrysler would own up to this issue before it kills someone!

- Mars Hill, NC, USA